What an experience - let me tell ya. I was told I had a relatively easy delivery (especially considering it was my first) and I will never take that for granted. As you know from our last post, the doctor broke my water at 7:45 AM so the whole delivery process was less than 12 hours. I seemed to be 2 cm dilated for the longest time, then gradually made it up to 3.5 cm and then the next thing I knew, I was 9.5 cm and the doctor told us we were in business! I started to push at 6:40 PM and she was born just 30 minutes later. Epidurals are great. Bryce and Ruby were in the room with me the whole time. Both of them did a great job with moral support. Bryce had one leg, Ruby had my head and they saw the whole thing! I was just concentrating on pushing. Then with 2 snips, Bryce cut Abby's umbilical cord and they placed her on my belly and the tears started to flow! What a moment. Words can't even describe it!
Here are a few pics of our little Abby. We can't decide what color her hair is. Not sure of the pictures really capture the color but she seems to have blonde tips in her hair and strangely enough, it's not black or dark brown like I thought it would be. We'll see if it changes in the coming weeks. Enjoy the pictures!


10 comments:
Congratulations Rosa & Bryce! Abby is adorable! I can't wait to meet the newest longhorn.
oh my gosh, what a cutie!! congratulations and so happy to hear it went smoothly! hopefully one of these days, we can catch up and i can meet the new family! :)
Abby is a cutie. Congratulations on your baby girl.
being in the delivery room was the coolest thing ever!!!! no words can describe that either!!! i have a baby neice!!!!
:)
congrats again!! see y'all on sunday.
From Chad: She doesn't look a bit ginger. LOL
Yea!!! So proud of you...Miss Abby is adorable and I love her name! Congratulations!
Congratulations. She is beautiful. I can't wait to meet her.
OMG....CONGRATS!!!
You just gave me hope for an "easy" delivery. Woo-hoo!!!
Abby is adorable! Congrats to you both, what an incredible journey so far huh? Great job mom and dad and can't wait to see more pics of Abby!
oh sweet baby :) congratulations!
Post a Comment